July 08, 2003

Okay, people. After erm, two and half months of being in the unemployed grad category, I'm going to begin work tomorrow. Temp nature, nevertheless, still work.

I've been told many times by different people that they are envious that I've been and am having lotsa fun during my stay in the above-mentioned category. Let's see. "Never procrastinate what you can accomplish today." Especially fun. hehe

How to have fun when you are broke to the extent that your bank accounts are near debit balance (if that's possible)?

1st, have all ur meals at home! Think about this and be honest. I know I am capable of spending excessively on the things that will take 5 or less hours to go through my colon system and then only to come out as fertilizers for some greenery (come to think of it, not even that useful! I don't shit in the open fields ya...I'm not a cow lah.. haha). In the process, adding all those unintended inches on all those unintended places in my anatomy. tsk. Eating at home saves me a minimum of $5 per day.

2nd, whatever you do, try to share the costs with your friends. Like? Pool! okay, that's for me only. Cos it's my new fave past time. N a good 2 hours can be killed with $3 if you are going with a couple friends, before 5pm.

3rd, spend 30 seconds to use that imagination capability of yours, specifically before going to the cashier to pay for something that's oh-so-cool (but you don't really need). Goes something like 'cool! so cute! not so expensive too.... hmmm...' At this point, you've gotta ask this very crucial question - 'Do I really need this?' Imagine you bringing it home. What are you going to do with it? It is juz another incremental item on your cool-but-extra list of things? No matter how cheap it is, it's always cheaper not to buy.

Oh! I gotta run.... I'm startin my pilates class today. hee..

Fun is everywhere and within yourself. You don't need money to have fun. Juz the right attitude and mentality. *wink

Posted by 杏 cy (Jancy) at 18:20